Each node within the cluster contains QsNet ELAN3 by Quadrics, 4 GB of DDR SDRAM memory per node, 120 GB Disk Space. ICE Box™ will also be used to help LLNL manage and maintain the clusters. Below is the breakdown of the Linux cluster system specs.
- 9.2 Tflops Linux cluster
- 3.8 TB of aggregate memory
- 115.2 TB of aggregate local disk space
- 962 total nodes plus separate hot spare cluster and development cluster
- 1,920 Intel 2.4 GHz Xeon processors
- Sub 1U Evolocity node for 924 compute nodes
- LinuxBIOS on all nodes
- ICE Box 3.0
- Blue Arc Si7500 Storage Systems with a combined storage capacity of 115 terabytes
- Cluster File Systems, Inc. supplied the Lustre Open Source cluster wide file system
Video - The Road to PetaFlop Computing
Explore the Scalable Unit concept where multiple clusters of various sizes can be rapidly built and deployed into production. This new architectural approach yields many subtle benefits to dramatically lower total cost of ownership.
White Paper - Optimized HPC Performance
Multi-core processors provide a unique set of challenges and opportunities for the HPC market. Discover MPI strategies for the Next-Generation Quad-Core Processors.
Appro and the Three National Laboratories
[Appro delivers a new breed of highly scalable, dynamic, reliable and effective Linux clusters to create the next generation of supercomputers for the National Laboratories.