The OSCAR working group is pleased to announce the release of version 2.2.1 of the Open Source Cluster Application Resources (OSCAR) toolkit. This release offers full IA-64 support with the inclusion of updated SIS and Kernel_Picker packages. OSCAR (Open Source Cluster Application Resource) is a snapshot of the best known methods for building, programming, and using clusters. It consists of a fully integrated and easy to install software bundle designed for high performance cluster computing.
The supported distributions include RedHat 7.2 & 7.3 as well as Mandrake
8.2. There is experimental support for RedHat 7.1 and Mandrake 9.0.
Feature list of 2.2+ are:
* RedHat 7.2, 7.3 and Mandrake 8.2 supported
* RedHat 7.1 and Mandrake 9.0 experimentally supported
* IA-64 Support
* SIS update, including SystemImager 3.0
* Kernel_Picker updated (tool to assist with alt kernel usage)
* Import/export MAC addresses from/to a file
* MAC address auto-assign and auto-dhcpd restart
* OSCAR Database (ODA) enhancements
* OSCAR Package Downloader (OPD) updated
* C3 updated
* LAM/MPI updated
Video - The Road to PetaFlop Computing
Explore the Scalable Unit concept where multiple clusters of various sizes can be rapidly built and deployed into production. This new architectural approach yields many subtle benefits to dramatically lower total cost of ownership.
White Paper - Optimized HPC Performance
Multi-core processors provide a unique set of challenges and opportunities for the HPC market. Discover MPI strategies for the Next-Generation Quad-Core Processors.
Appro and the Three National Laboratories
[Appro delivers a new breed of highly scalable, dynamic, reliable and effective Linux clusters to create the next generation of supercomputers for the National Laboratories.