Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any browser that supports tables and forms (and Java for the File Manager module), you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and so on.
Webmin consists of a simple web server, and a number of CGI programs which directly update system files like /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/passwd. The web server and all CGI programs are written in Perl version 5, and use no non-standard Perl modules.
* Added the new SMF (Service Management Framework) module for Solaris 10, developed by Alan Maguire at Sun Microsystems.
* Added the IPFilter Firewall module for Solaris and other operating systems that use ipf.
* Added the idmapd and Kerberos5 Configuration modules for use with NFS version 4, developed by Frederic Jolly.
* All modules now use a new API for writing to configuration files, which ensures that the file does not get written to or truncated if the system is out of disk space.
* Multiple firewall rules can now be deleted at once in the IPtables and IPFW modules.
* Samba groups can now be edited in the LDAP module, and IMAP users can have multiple object classes.
* The Read User Mail module supports VPopMail and Qmail+LDAP as mail systems.
* Improved support for tables in schemas in the PostgreSQL module.
* Added a button to the Webmin Actions Log module for rolling back configuration files to before an action was taken.
* View the detailed change log.