From: Linux Magazine
Thursday, June 20, 2007
1:00 PM Eastern / 10:00 AM Pacific
Building affordable, balanced clusters without sacrificing performance is the challenge facing everyone in high-performance computing. But what really drives performance in today's HPC systems?
Learn how the performance of HPC infrastructure can hinge on the components and technology solutions you choose to deploy, including:
- Dual-core, quad-core and, ultimately, "many-core" processors;
- Switch architecture;
- Infiniband and Ethernet interconnects;
- Memory bandwidth and latency;
- I/O; and
- Chip-to-chip communication;
This webinar will give you the ability to optimize component and system level performance in both existing and newly built HPC infrastructure, making your clusters easier to design, deploy, manage and grow.
Who should attend: HPC platform designers looking for guidance in performance optimization and scientists and engineers interested in the key HPC trends of power, heat, space, and cost and how Intel Research is addressing these challenges.
- Dr. Stephen Wheat, High-end Platforms and Initiatives Director, HPC Business Unit, Intel
- Guy Brunsdon, Manager of Product Marketing, Cisco Systems
More info and registration...