New features announcement:
Tasks can now be canceled and restarted remotely, as well as configured to timeout a a given date of after a given elapsed time.
The Administration console was upgraded to handle the new task management features.
A major leap in execution performance has been implemented.
The JPPF JCA resource adapter now implements asynchronous tasks submission, removing any risk of J2EE transaction timeout.
New: the JPPF Samples Pack brings a set of exciting applications of JPPF to real-life problems.
In this version: a Mandelbrot fractals explorer and protein sequence alignment
the Java Parallel Processing Framework is a grid computing toolkit for Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude.
Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
JPPF has many outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.5 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- reliability through redundancy, recovery and failover capabilities
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible and non-constraining open-source licensing
- and more ....
More information is available on the JPPF.org web site.