For one of our International clients in the Hague, the Netherlands, System Consultancy Partners are looking for a LINUX Administrator / Engineer – HPC Specialist
The key task for this individual will be the delivery of high quality, very customer focused local support integrated with global support teams for the Technical Computing Customers who use the HPC environment that SSD supports. These customers are primarily located in Rijswijk, in Houston, in Port Harcot and in Bangalore. Operationally this service will be delivered through a network of regional HPC Teams, lead by a Global HPC Team Manager. The HPC teams primary focus will be the delivery and support of a High Performance Computing environment currently consisting of several multi-node clusters in Houston, Amsterdam, Nigeria, India and Miri. With a number of these clusters supported in 3rd line only.
HPC team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the HPC Global image, standards, sign-off of new developments, 3rd line support and problem management. This encompasses the RHSS for deployment as well as scripting around monitoring and data statistics.
The team needs expansion with a junior / mid level systems administrator / engineer. The incumbent will report to the HPC Manager. Requirements:
· Min. 3 years of experience in system administration, projects and engineering in the Linux environment.
· High Performance Computing experience.
· Experience in HPC applications LSF, MPI, compilers, Gb and IB configuration
· Knowledge around debugging programs/applications
· Basic Linux scripting knowledge (bash, Perl, etc …)
· Part of this experience should be in an international role or global enterprise.
· Driven, energetic personality that is persistent in taking on tough challenges in a large environment.
· Experience with translating policies and standards into working global procedures and processes that work across different service lines.
· Process minded.
· Self-starting and a team player.
· Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude.
· Values diversity.
Nice to have:
· Experience with EP technical applications.
· Networking experience
· Storage experience – GX Ontap
· RHSS knowledge
· Experience integrating LINUX with Microsoft technologies
· Programming experience
The candidate may be required to participate in an on-call rota and/or perform out of hours work.
Please apply via mail before 23 July 2008
Job Reference # 0807-45
Start Date: ASAP
Telephone: +31 20 530 6643
Fax: +31 20 453 4856